Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lost in Dead Space

Well I finally got my grubby little hands on EA's resent effort Dead Space. And I must say, it was everything I had hoped it would be.

Every so often you come across stuff that you just know won't let you down. Like when I saw the trailer for the Dawn of the Dead remake, or ID announced Doom3. In fact...not since Doom3 have I ever been so excited about a game. (Not counting Burning Crusade)

Dead Space may not accomplish much in terms of game innovations, but what it does do is shamelessly take everything you love about the Sci Fi/ Horror genre, and mold it into a monster that delivers all the thrills and spills you could hope for.

The monsters in the game are top notch, and the scenery and atmosphere is so thick you're gonna have to cut it with a bloody chainsaw. The weapons in the game are sweet too, not just your run of the mill guns and what have you...but rather, fancy mining and engineering tools that allow you to hack and slash away at that which seeks to do you harm.

The story is awesome too, and offers more than just a reason to shot things.

I'm probably gonna have to take a few days off to shoot me some of these nasties . I've actually started playing the game on the hardest setting so as to get the most out of it.

This is not really a review by the way...I just wanted to write a little something about the game and let you know that it rocks ass. The only reason I've stopped playing it to write this is because I'm down loading the Xbox 360 exclusive armor for my man Issac Clarke, so he can kick Necro Ass better. If you liked Resident Evil, Doom and Silent Hill... this baby is gonna rock your socks.

Hey...Issac Clarke

Issac Asimov + Arthur C. Clarke?

Maybe...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the last picture is win.

and so obviously how they got his name ^_^

you know what else is win? Isaac Asimovs sideburns.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...