Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just Saw Re-Animator

And it was an awesome movie... The only thing I couldn't understand was why it took me so long to getting around to seeing it. It's not gonna rearrange my top horror movies list...but it will make it longer.

I had first come across the title when I got my hands on a comic book series called Army of Darkness Vs Re-Animator. I had heard of it before, but this was the first time I had seen anything to do with it.


Recently I got my hands on a new comic book monthly title published by Zenescope Entertainment called The Chronicles of doctor Herbert West. Herbert West is our faithful protagonist in the Re-Animator movies. Rather than being based on the movie, the comic series is based on the original works of H.P.Lovecraft, on which in turn the movie was based.


The comic was very interesting, and it made me curious about the movie...so i decided to get it, and I have to say it is surely a classic. It had all the trappings of things that make me wish I had a chainsaw. A dark sense of humor, dead men walking, a fun/ awesome leading man that was in way over his head. It reminded me a little of Evil Dead 2... any one who knows me, knows how much I love Evil Dead 2. Hell...anything Evil Dead I love :D

2 comments:

Elisa said...

For god's sake, read the Hack/Slash - Re-Animator crossover if you want a half-decent Re-An comic. Chronicles reads like bad fanfic. :/

Now that you've seen the first movie, try the still fun, yet not as good, Bride of Re-Animator and Beyond Re-Animator.

Clarence Dass said...

I like Hack n Slash.. I have a few issues. I'll look up the cross over for sure...thanks :D

And the rest of the movies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...