Sunday, November 23, 2008

My new comics

Just got my hands on issue one of The Dead: Kingdom of Flies. So far it's an average start. The art work is more than descent, and in between, it has these funny Zombie facts and tips, which makes it entertaining. But at the end of the first issue I was left with a big fat 'Meh' I hope the next issue picks up. On the up side it had a nice cover.


I still haven't found my self a good zombie comic that I wanna follow. You'd be surprised to see how many zombie comic titles are out there. Every month when I go through new comic issues, I make sure to grab all the zombie titles i find. If anything just to sample them.

I have more than a few issues of Plague of the living dead and Escape of the living dead, but I don't find it too compelling. Plus I get distracted by the tits and ass. Their good though, gore wise I can't believe how easy it is to get by the comics code these days. But story wise, they don't do much forme... Id like to see people that I can grow to like... instead most of these books are filled with dick heads that piss e very one off and then get eaten. It's cool having some guy in a story that's an ass, but when the whole book is full of people that you don't give a shit about... it gets a bit tiring to follow.


I'm currently working on getting my self The Walking Dead collection by image. That series looks like it might be alright. From what Ive read, it has a strong bunch of characters trying to make it across a zombie infested America. A description I found online read:

As the series progresses, the characters become more developed, and their personalities shift under the stress of a zombie apocalypse. Fighting growing despair — and occasionally each other — the group searches for a secure location which they can finally call home. The lives of these survivors will be changed forever.

I like that :D


The series it self is a bit old...but living in Fiji, you learn that it's better late than never.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...