Monday, December 8, 2008

Paranoid Android

Ever watched someone go insane?

That's what you get when you spend a bit of your time watching Bug. I got this movie not really knowing what to expect. I saw a couple of mixed reviews about the film, with people praising it and some people cursing it for a number of reasons.


Let me just say Bug is not a creature-fest, that is probably why a lot of people hated it...cause they watched it expecting to see some bugs eating their way out of some guys face.

It's a movie directed by none other than William Friedkin... the genius that brought us The Exorcist.

It's hard for me to describe this movie because I'm afraid I might spoil it. But it's basically about paranoia... and how dangerous it can be. An interesting thing is that the movie is based on a play by the same name. Which would explain a lot cause it does have a bit of an 'art house' feel to it.

The movie is also very tense and frustrating, but in a good way. At some point in the movie we begin to see things that the people in the movie are not aware of...or have chosen not to see. This makes the movie even more tense.

Mind you it's very slow... but some what rewarding at the end. So you may need to invest some time into it. Now that i think about it...one thing this movie may have in common with Friedkin's Exorcist is the pacing. How the story and characters are patiently laid out only to be decimated at the end.

You may look around to find some reviews about this movie that may trash it... don't let that put you off, but if you are going to watch it please don't read anything that gives you actual movie details.

I just went back and read this post, it seems very incoherent...I'm sorry. I think I need some sleep.

The bugs..! It's the bugs that have been keeping me up all night. Can't you see them! They're right there!

Fun stuff.

2 comments:

Maison De Sante said...

If you've ever known a Meth addict, the movie is perfect. If you haven't, it's kind of WTF???

Me, I'll watch anything with Ashley Judd in it. I'm sophisticated that way.

Soiled Sinema said...

I love that poster.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...