Sunday, April 25, 2010

3 weeks later

So what have I been up to...

Well for the last three weeks I've been housing sitting my girlfriend's cousin's flat. It was nice little place right along the edge of town, so you could just pretty much just walk down to where ever you wanted to visit in town.

Thing is though, the flat had no internet and the cable TV was down. So aside from hours and hours spent bonding with my GF, I got to catch up on a lot of reading... which was good.

In fact, now that I'm back home I don't even know what to do with the net. I'm trying to remember what it was I would spend hours on before. Granted it has only be one day back home, but I'd like to keep this up.

While over at the flat I also started writing a lot.

I spent about three days writing a little something called "The thing under the house", which was very Lovecraft inspired. And then I penned out some ideas and rough drafts for some other stories.

Tomorrow I'm going to meet up with a friend of mine who I studied animation with, and who happens to be someone who knows a thing or two about putting magazines out. I've been kicking around the idea of putting out a little "short-fiction" magazine, full of horror stories and sci-fi adventures, along with artwork to compliment the stories.

Here's a page from a kiddie series I drew for one of the local mags,
I never got paid for it because some people are just douches.

I have a few friends who write as a hobby, and these friends happen to be pretty good illustrators and designers too. I feel that between us we could really get something going. Plus Fiji doesn't have anything of the sort at the moment... or ever. It might be a nice way of injecting some sci-fi/ horror goodness into the community.

I want to make something along the lines of those old pulp magazines from the like 30s to 60s. Mad art work, great stories... lots of feed back. I don't have a name for it, but maybe a brainstorming session will inspire something.

After I go through "The thing under the house", I'll be sure to put it up for a download, just so you guys can have a read of it, and maybe share your thoughts on it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...