Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dead Island

As far as Zombie games go, they spill out almost as frequently as zombie movies. I've watched a lot of zombie movies and god help me I've played a shizz load of zombie games.

As fas as my favourite zombie game goes, I think it would have to be the original Resident Evil games, especially part 2. I spent hours playing that monster. In fact when I first got it on the PS1 I didn't have a memory card, so I got insanely good at it.

Resident Evil 2

As far as more recent games go I'd say Left4Dead would be the best zombie title for me, especially part 2 with the added atmosphere. Sure the game play isn't as extensive as say Dead Rising, but I fell in love with the undead through the blood and gore action of the movies, and that's what Left4Dead has in bucket loads. Dead Rising1 was a must have for me, but by the time I got to Dead Rising 2 I felt the series had become too satirical.

Well enter Dead Island... now this baby looks interesting. I'm not totally sold on the graphics on a shot by shot basis, but as a whole the setting looks pretty mad.It feels like it could sit somewhere between Dead Rising and Left4Dead. In the most basic sense of this, it looks to combine the first person zombie action with undead adventuring. Plus living in Fiji, messing up zombies on a tropical island is something I dream of everyday.

Check out this video on Dead Island, it has 11 mins of game footage with some narration by the develops, and it looks pretty interesting. The game looks like it could do with a few animation and graphic tweaks here and there, but otherwise... I'm sold.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...