Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Dark Souls Review over at Mighty Ape

So I wrote up my first game review over at Mighty Ape. I've bought a lot of games from there but they were on done on my buddy Kaos Kongo's account. Dark Souls is my first buy under my account :D

And what a game it is. Check out the review page here. Or just read my one below.

Easily the best thing I've ever played.

As far as "moneys worth" goes, this game is hours upon hours of gameplay that will keep you engrossed for a long time.

There is so much to discover in the game. From the countless weapons to find and master, the lands and it's denizens to explore and overcome, and the merciless bosses to conquer.

But be warned, this is not a straight forward hack and slash. Surviving in Dark Souls takes great skill and patience. If you are one that likes to learn about every tiny bit of your games, I'm talking game mechanics and such, this game will be an obsession. It is hard if you don't pay attention, but with every death you learn and improve, and when you get the hang of the game, it's very rewarding.

Every boss in this game is like doing the LAST BOSS in any other game... I'm 32 hours+ into it (over the last week) and it only gets more and more amazing. Nothing has ever given me a sense of accomplishment like the challenges in Dark Souls.

This is a true survival horror game in every sense of the words. The world of Dark Souls is an eerie, god forsaken place... Filled with all kinds of nasties that look like the worst kinds of nightmares given life.

Dark Souls will scare you, thrill you and kill you over and over again... But you will come to love the punishment and strike back harder every time you go down.

Buy it and play it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...